Atlantic Coast and Mountain Valley Pipelines
Please join us, our neighbors at Interfaith Power & Light (DC.MD.NoVA), and faith communities across the state as we encourage Governor Northam to take a closer look at the impacts on Creation of the proposed MVP and ACP pipelines through the #Pray4TreeProtectors social media action.
We invite Virginia’s faith communities to post a sign like the one pictured right on a tree on their grounds. Will your community #Pray4TreeProtectors? Download our signs.
Governor Northam: Protect Our Streams & Ensure Virginia Protestors Food and Water
As people of faith, we have a moral responsibility to work towards ensuring justice for communities and the rest of Creation endangered by the MVP and ACP.
It is urgent that we call on Governor Ralph Northam to ensure the Commonwealth of Virginia uses all of the power it has to protect our precious water resources and the peaceful protesters who are exercising their constitutional rights to protect our environment. Submit a comment to Governor Northam today!
Act Now to Stand with a Community Hidden and Erased
Dominion has targeted Union Hill in Buckingham County, a historic community founded by former enslaved people, to site its fracked-gas compressor station for the Atlantic Coast Pipeline. If the compressor station is built, experts have warned that residents would be in danger and in the impact zone for health hazards from air, noise, and water pollution.
Please help us thank the elected officials that came to the community meeting last week and who have been uplifting this urgent issue of environmental justice. As people of faith, we must stand with our neighbors and show that “we are all Union Hill.”
Buckingham Circle of Protection: Interfaith Prayer Vigil
Sundays, July 22 , August 26, September 16, October 21, November 18 and December 16, 1:00-3:00pm
Potluck and Speaker: 2:00-3:00pm
1496 Union Hill Rd, Buckingham, 23921
Circle of Protection is an Interfaith Prayer Vigil to protect Buckingham County from the proposed Atlantic Coast Pipeline and the proposed Union Hill ACP Compressor Station. Expect neighbors, prayer, story, poetry and song.
Other Ways to Take Action
- Public Comment Period: Submit information for the MVP and ACP projects to the Department of Environmental Quality on impacts from waterbody crossings and Water Quality Standards. Check out this resource for drafting comments. (Deadline: Friday, June 15, 11:59pm)
- To directly support the resistance to the Mountain Valley Pipeline and Atlantic Coast Pipeline, donate to Interfaith Alliance For Climate Justice, a Virginia-based nonprofit.
- Water Quality Monitoring Training Program (Atlantic Coast Pipeline): Saturday, May 12, 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Mountain Valley Watch (MVW), a collaboration of volunteers, nonprofits, and private interests, will observe and document construction activity of the Mountain Valley Pipeline to assure compliance with environmental regulations during construction. Visit Mountain Valley Watch on Facebook for training schedule, events and updates.
- Show a place that matters to you on the pipeline route by uploading a photo to Wild Virginia’s map.
- Threats to Water Quality from Mountain Valley Pipeline and Atlantic Coast Pipeline Water Crossings in Virginia – Downstream Strategies
- Faith Leaders’ Sign On Letter: Environmental Justice & Resisting Pipelines