Faith Climate Action Week 2021 (April 16 – 25, 2021)
Faith Climate Action Week is ten days in April during Earth Month when IPL congregations focus on how we can all take action to protect our climate. The 2021 theme is:
Sacred Ground: Cultivating Connections Between Our Faith, Our Food, and the Climate. We examine how our food systems contribute to injustice and to climate change, and how our faiths call us to respond through practical solutions.
2021 Organizer’s Kit
How we grow our food largely determines how we treat the world, and one another. Dig into a discussion with your congregation on the connection between our faith, our food practices, climate change, and environmental justice. Make it a focus of your Earth Day worship services and be part of the solution with the suggested actions in the organizer’s kit.
In the kit:
- Organizer’s instructions
- Sacred Ground Guide – learn how healthy soil can help solve the climate crisis and support food justice, plus suggestions for action for congregations and individuals
- Garden Blessing Ceremony
- Postcards to the Secretary of Agriculture and a pre-addressed envelope to mail to IPL
- Shoppers wallet guide to help you select food grown in healthy soil
- Links to the nationwide Climate Prayer, with more online worship resources
- Climate change fact sheet
- Option: Add a DVD of “Kiss the Ground”, an important film on how farming for Creation can help solve the climate crisis, plus a free screening kit with faith-based discussion questions
- Option: Add a seed kit to start your own garden
Find Faith Climate Action Week activities under the gold states. If you cannot locate your state on this map, click here.
For Washington DC click here.
Be the first in your state on the map! Click here to list your event.