Did you know that powering your home produces 20% of all greenhouse gas emissions in the United States? Virginia Interfaith Power and Light is committed to helping the City of Richmond and the Greater Richmond area reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 45% by 2030 and achieve net-zero emissions by 2050. Can you help us get there by going solar with Solarize Virginia?
We’ve partnered with local nonprofit LEAP to make going solar as easy and affordable as possible for you! Find out how solar energy can make a difference in your home and in our community. Sign up to join us at SolarizeVA.org.
I’m interested in getting solar panels. Why should I go through Solarize?
- Streamlined process. They’ll walk you through our step-by-step process, starting with a free solar assessment to see if you’re a good fit for solar.
- Vetted installers. They ask the tough questions so you don’t have to. You will be connected with a pre-selected installer who is insured, qualified, and experienced.
- Discounted prices. Through our competitive RFP process and bulk pricing, they make sure you’re getting the best rate possible, with minimal upfront costs.
- Efficiency first! All participants are eligible for a free home energy assessment to make sure your home is as efficient as possible, pre-solar.
- Experts and resources. Any questions? Reach out anytime or join Solarize Virginia for an upcoming info session.
Solarize Virginia is a community-based outreach initiative managed by the local nonprofit LEAP (Local Energy Alliance Program). It reduces the cost and complexity of going solar by providing a one-stop shop for education and installation. Through a competitive review process, LEAP evaluates proposals from local installers and selects high-quality installers that commit to providing discounted prices to all program participants. After you sign up, LEAP will do a free solar satellite assessment to see if you are a good fit for solar. If you are, you will be connected with one of our pre-selected installers who will guide you through the process of solarizing your home.
Throughout the process, experts at LEAP will be by your side to provide ongoing customer support and education to make the experience as streamlined as possible. The campaign will run through September 15, 2021.