Celebrating the Fifth Anniversary of Laudato Si’
Virginia Interfaith Power & Light is excited to provide materials to help your faith community celebrate the fifth anniversary of Laudato Si’! Believe it or not it’s already been five years since its original release on May 24, 2015. Laudato Si’ Week is May 16 through 24th.
Find out more info below about how you can care for our common home.
Use the Below Resources to:
- Offer an evening prayer at your home or with your parish!
- Organize an adult study of the encyclical!
- Educate yourself!
Laudato Si’ Resources
- Laudato Si’ Study Reflection Presentation and Script
- Use the presentation to easily host a webinar or adult study with your faith community on the encyclical. This presentation can be given all at once (approx. 2 hrs) or can be broken up as a series (as many as 7 short sessions). It is a 44 slide presentation with accompanying script/notes and linked videos. The notes can be viewed if you download the presentation. If you would like the notes printed out, be sure to select “Notes Pages” from the print menu.
- Laudato Si’ Prayer Service Toolkit
- This toolkit includes an adaptable prayer service including prayers, songs, reflections and a homily. It is a great resource for you to offer an evening prayer at home or with your parish.
Laudato Si’ Events
- Online Study Sessions: Exploring Laudato Si’
- Nightly on May 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23 at 6PM
- Contact Mark Hoggard for more information.
- Laudato Si’ Evening Prayer Service – Sunday, May 24, 7:30PM
- Join us on Sunday, May 24, as we conclude our celebration of Laudato Si’ Week with a special online Evening Prayer.Laudato Si’ Week honors the fifth anniversary of Pope Francis’ encyclical on care for our common home – creation. The theme of the week is “everything is connected.” The week also launches a year-long journey of transformation for Catholics throughout the world.
- Spread the word and tune in to watch on Facebook.